Natural Stone Steps -Smooth Kandla Grey
A natural stone directly imported from China which are beautifully striking and hardwearing with a smooth surface.
Sawn on all sides with a bullnose finish on the front.
30 Steps per pack
If you require any help regarding this product please email us on email@example.com
- We aim to deliver all orders within 5-7 working days from receipt of order.
- Next day delivery is available at an extra charge per pallet.
- Deliveries will be made by a third party courier with a 18-24 ton vehicle using a tail lift and manual pump truck therefore we advise this will be a kerbside drop only.
- Deliveries can be made anytime between 8am and 6pm and we request that someone is present to sign for the delivery.
- Please ensure the route to your property is accessible to a 18-24 ton vehicle. Where access is unsuitable for this size vehicle please call our sales team for advice.
- Any failed deliveries which require redelivering will incur a charge.
For more information please read our delivery page or contact our sales team on 01782 541605
Smooth Indian Sandstone is an ideal choice for domestic and commercial use. Extracted from quarries, with natural textures and formations, the stone is then cut down then sawn to get the desired smooth finish.
As this is natural stone, it is very common to get natural imperfections within the stone such as chips or dimples on the slabs and occasional saw marks on the surface from the process the stone goes through. These are perfectly normal in this type of product and does not impact the performance of the paving.
Variations in tones and colours throughout the paving is also a common feature as well as veining which adds to the appeal of the slabs.
If you are looking for a more uniform paving without the imperfections then we recommend looking at our Vitrified Porcelain range.
Samples are available to purchase on the dropdown menu of each product.
Natural Sandstone is a highly porous material which if laid incorrectly can cause problems overtime.
Reflective Staining is a common occurrence in Smooth Indian Sandstone which has been laid incorrectly. Laying the slabs on a bed which has been ‘spotted’ or not using a SBR cement slurry primer on the bottom of the slabs prior to laying are the most common reasons why this can occur in Smooth Indian Sandstone.
When laying this paving the slabs must be laid on a full bed of sand and cement mortar. The slab must make full contact with the mortar and should never be ‘spotted’ by just dotting the mortar. ‘Spotting’ the slabs can also cause gaps in the mortar under the slabs which can create a weakness in the slabs.
Creating a slurry with our SBR Cement Slurry Primer and adding this to the back of the slabs prior to laying not only helps with adhering the slabs to the mortar but can also help to prevent Reflective Staining.
All natural sandstone paving requires sealing once laid to protect the slabs however we recommend testing all sealers on a small, inconspicuous area first.
Avoid using any acid-based products as this can ruin the stone.
The paving samples are an offcut of the selected product and are aimed at giving an idea of the colours and textures.
Typical sample size is 75mm x 75mm or 100mm x 100mm – sizes can vary.